Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter Kayaking!

     Yesterday my kayaking meetup group went on a paddle to the Stones River in Murfreesboro, TN. Everybody had a great time - except me - sniff, sniff! :-( Of course, I cannot lift my right arm to hold my paddle!!! But it still is not fair! Whine...whine...whine!!  Just so I would feel better, I signed up to go to a chili supper after next weekend's winter paddle!! If I can't paddle for real yet - then I will paddle vicariously through everyone else! The week following that, I plan to start hiking again with Nashville Hiking Meetup. They do lots of events and I can pick and choose the ones I am able to accomplish.
     Next Dr. visit will be January 31st. He'll probably let me start driving again - I've been driving without permission for over a week now. Then I start 6 weeks of strengthening therapy and then I should be done. That puts me at mid March for recovery. I am planning a camping/paddling adventure with Aquaholics for March 9th! We will be going to Ft. McCoy, FL! Paddling the Rainbow River and the  Ocklawaha River and camping at the outpost right on the river - how fun is that! Here are some cool pictures!!


monkeys along the river  in Florida!
Leslie on the Stones River
Where is my kayak?  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger