Friday, July 24, 2020

Not Cut Out To Be A Blogger I Guess

     How crazy is it that it's July and my last post was in February?? I'm really bad at this. I have a journal that is next to my chair ...I write letters to Brian every few days. I guess that is where my focus has been. This is supposed to be a crafty type blog but I have not felt crafty in so very long. I have scrapbooks to finish...don't wanna. I have regular craft items to make...don't wanna. I have a craft room FULL of supplies and a guest room with a closet overflowing with supplies plus a heat press...don't wanna. I have a garage workshop for my wood/painting/stenciling stuff with all the wood for signs and boards...don't wanna. I have a section of the garage for refinishing furniture (and the furniture)...don't wanna. I'm not sure how to get my wanna back.
     I do have a garden again this year. Not too big but enough that I am able to freeze some veggies for the winter. I don't need much. Plus, I've been sharing with the kids and neighbors. Everybody seems to like fresh grown tomatoes.
     I've been doing a lot with my parents. They are elderly...and Covid-19. I learned how to do peritoneal dialysis for my dad. Really I'm just his backup. I take him to his appointments and I run most of their errands so they don't have to be out. They are both doing well and that is a blessing.
     I had a 62nd birthday party for Brian liked he asked me to. Cake, ice cream, and Glenlivit. We all sang happy birthday to him. It was sad/happy. I turned 60 in June. Went shopping with my oldest daughter and Mom. Sushi for lunch...then a surprise birthday party that they weren't supposed to do. It was all good, though. I have good kids. That's also a blessing.
   
Brian's 62nd Birthday

Lantern I made him for his birthday
(the paper has music notes)
My birthday cake!
Mom trying sushi for the first time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger