Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sick Day

     So, I am home again today with strep throat. Yuck! Medicine is working as I have no fever today. I spent a little time in my craft room. Cricut updated their Design Space program and since I was feeling a little better I made a project! Lowe's had their little sample paints on sale for .99 while we were in Florida this summer and I bought 10 different colors. I found an octagon shaped piece of wood that had been on my craft room closet shelf for years. I painted it red. Then I cut a heart shape out of cardstock to use as a template/stencil. I laid the stencil in the middle of the red octagon and painted over the red with an off white color. I took the stencil off and had an almost perfect red heart surrounded by the white. I used sandpaper to distress the white and let the red show through. Then, I cut a split Mr. & Mrs. shape in black vinyl using my Explore machine. I added a cute filigree heart shape and our last name. This is how it turned out!






    The Mr. & Mrs. is a little crooked. I will re-cut and reapply the vinyl so it is straight. I think the little heart embellishment is cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger