Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hello Again!

    Wow! I am such a slacker! I cannot believe how quickly time flies by. Seems like school just got out and here I am back at it already! Brian and I spent all summer traveling. NY, Cape Cod, Lake Placid, Hot Springs, Texas, Florida...whew!! I went back to work to rest up!
    We lost Brian's brother, Robert, to lung cancer in early April. We had a celebration of his life over the 4th of July in Texas. It was a strange mixture of happy sadness. It was wonderful seeing family again - but for all the wrong reasons.
    We spent some time in Hot Springs (One of Robert's favorite places). We visited the crystal mines and found some really great crystals! We did the whole Bath House experience with hot mineral baths, steam boxes, and massages! Bliss! Then there was the food! Sigh!
     We spent over two weeks in Florida again this summer! We love it there! We even looked at some places to buy in a couple of years when I retire! Even after Brian's melanoma diagnosis and subsequent surgeries, we still spend a lot of time at the beach both in Florida and at the Cape. We are just really careful with sunblock, umbrellas, long sleeves and timing.
     I am ready to get back into my crafting and spending time in my craft room! I have done one complete scrapbook for Brian and me. Working on our wedding and our selfie one now. I am also trying out some new crafts and learning how to use my new Explore machine. I seem to spend a lot of time on Facebook and YouTube for tutorials.  Here are a few random pictures from our travels.
NY trip!
Florida!
It's cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger