Monday, May 2, 2011

A Card For My Mother!

I made a card for Mother's Day for my Mom. Great idea, huh? I have been wanting to try printing the sentiments on cardstock and cutting them out using the "Center Point" feature on my Expression.  I decided to get brave today! I printed the inside sentiment first and just cut it as a layer. I wanted the front to say, "Happy Mother's Day" inside a cut out.  I messed around with fonts and placements and then put the cardstock on the Cricut mat. I lined everything up perfectly and of course it was a disaster! Lucky that I was thinking ahead and printed the sentiment several times! After a few tries I finally got it right! I am persistent like that! I used the Once Upon a Princess cartridge tag feature at 2 1/4 " for the shadow layer. The top layer with the sentiment was cut at 2" using "Center Point". I will be using this function much more regularly now! I love how the sentiments look when printed on the cardstock.

outside
blurry inside

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger